I'm as bad as the next guy at belaboring topics on which I might as well save my breath.
It seems like we've had a lot of these lately.
So here's an idea. I'll Twitter the news and current events. As the on-line and text message service Twitter requires, no more than 140 characters are allowed for each “Tweet.”
• The inept city of Little Rock's decision about future use of Ray Winder Field? The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences will get the land.
• Financier Warren Stephens will tear down some historic vacant commercial buildings on Main Street and, perhaps, build new ones. He owns it. He breaks it.
• That fight between the legislature and the father of the new state lottery, Lt. Gov. Bill Halter? The legislature will win. They're wrong.
• Gov. Mike Beebe is pretty good at what he does. That doesn't mean all he does is good.
• The state still won't say what happened to kids who died in foster care last year.
• Republicans in Congress and the legislature don't count for much. Reporters act like they do. Obama, too.
• Republicans in Congress and the legislature vote against spending bills, then take credit for the pork the bills provide.
• Legislators are for sale cheap. Steak dinner-cheap.
• The more bills a legislator files, the less likely any one of them is to be substantive.
• Term limits were a bad idea. Generally. Specific cases are another matter.
• Gun control is dead. God is not dead, but He better watch out for gunfire.
• People are still racist. Red, yellow, black and white people.
• North Little Rock Mayor Pat Hays is a quiet tyrant.
• Strong Mayor Mark Stodola isn't very strong.
• Newspapers aren't dead, but the days of 30 percent profit margins are.
• Charging for Internet content won't save newspapers. More advertising will.
• The Democrat-Gazette gives away its content (nwanews.com) and its editorial writers act like they don't know it.
• TV news is dying. Fox 16 in Little Rock runs counter to the trend.
• All charter schools don't “work.” Schools that don't have to take hard-case kids invariably work.
• The Little Rock School District has great schools. The less you know about LRSD, the more you doubt this.
• LRSD has great schools despite years of poor leadership..
• “Milk” should win an Oscar. People who could profit from seeing it won't.
• Ashley's is the best restaurant in Little Rock, but hardly anybody eats there.
• Blogging is harmful to your attention span.
Remember, I just call them. Doesn't mean I like the outcomes. Follow my Tweets daily, as the spirit and news events dictate, at twitter.com/arkansasblog.