1) Last week, the owner of a Hot Springs firing range announced that she was making a significant change at her business. What was the change?A) Freudian psychologists no longer allowed to speak to gun owners while visiting the range. B) A blanket ban on Muslims. C) Accidentally shot off your finger? Get a free ice cream cone. D) Kid's day! With free balloon rifles by Glocky the Unmedicated Schizophrenic!
2) During a recent game between the University of Miami Hurricanes and the Arkansas State University Red Wolves, ASU attempted to distract the other team with a very surprising on-field action during a fake punt attempt. What did A-State try?A) Having a player fake his own death. B) On-field chemistry experiment (nerds courtesy of ASU Science Department). C) Stacked the school's stockpile of "We're With You, Coach Malzahn!" T-shirts in the end zone, thereby preventing the Hurricanes from scoring. D) Had the mascot run onto the field and dry-hump the referee.
]3) What's the biggest jerk move Sen. Jason Rapert of Conway has pulled recently?A) Not this one. B) Not this one, either. C) This is it! Just kidding. D) Tried to hijack a thread on KARK's Facebook page about the death of Realtor Beverly Carter with a baldly political (and wholly unfeasible) election-year stump-speech on how Arkansas should move to abolish parole. Rapert then doubled down on the asshattery by arguing with several posters who called him out for playing politics in the midst of tragedy, saying their comments were "rude" and "out of line."
4) A recent headline in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette might have given readers the wrong idea about the content of the article that followed. What was the headline?A) "Hole in good shape, says landfill chief." B) "Tom Cotton not a cyborg from the future, mother claims" C) "High winds mar burrito supper." D) "Islamic State underrated, Obama says."
5) Last month, researchers at the University of Arizona studied which food words were most often mentioned on Twitter by people in every state. What, according to the researchers, was the most often used food-related word used by Arkansans?
6) A Walmart store in Bentonville is serving as a test platform for an interesting new idea the company hopes will bring in more customers. What is it?A) If you spend more than $100, you get to kick a union organizer in the ribs. B) 10 percent discount if you say, "Uncle Wally sent me." C) Each shopper assigned her own Chinese dissident who will personally make any item on the Walmart website. D) A drive-through service, with attendants hauling out online-ordered groceries to shoppers' cars.