A reporter asked Linda Watson what changes she'd put in place in the Little Rock schools if she were given a magic wand. Her answers:
1. There would be one teacher to every 15 to 18 children. Reading Recovery, an expensive but effective literacy program, would be district wide.
2. Every school would have a math and reading specialist.
3. Extended day programs would help students not working up to grade level.
4. The district would offer classes for parents on how to help their children in school.
5. Day care centers and pre-school programs would work with the district to offer a curriculum, and not just playtime, to prepare them for school.
6. Every 4-year-old would go to pre-school, and there would be more pre-K centers like Fair Park.