1. "Flags of Our Fathers"
2. "The Departed"
5. "The Good German"
1. Peter O'Toole, "Venus"
2. Forest Whitaker, "Last King"
3. Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"
4. Will Smith, "Pursuit of Happyness"
5. Jack Nicholson, "The Departed"
1. Helen Mirren, "The Queen"
2. Penelope Cruz, "Volver"
3. Kate Winslet, "Little Children"
4. Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"
5. Annette Bening, "Running with Scissors"
Roeper has The Departed in as a best picture nominee, probably squeezing Little Children out. Roeper is yet another critic pushing Nicholson for Best Actor for his role in The Departed. No buzz for any of the actors in Flags of Our Fathers, which is surprising since everyone has it as a best picture lock. Of course, no one has seen the film, so that may be why. Clooney is still alive for The Good German as well.
I will be very surprised if the Best Actress group changes at all from now until Oscar nomination day. It's rumored that the studio behind Dreamgirls will push Jennifer Hudson for best supporting. Babel seems to have the same challenges with its actors. They may all be pushed for supporting roles. I suppose Judi Dench (Notes on a Scandal) remains the only spoiler for best actress and Annette Bening may end up being pushed for supporting.