If you're interested in catching the standup comedy of Bill Cosby, the gentle country stylings of Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan, an evening with Tony-winning actress and singer Audra McDonald or an mind-blowingly intriguing presentation from astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, you will be pleased to know that all of those folks are on the bill for the University of Central Arkansas's upcoming Public Appearances series.
Other highlights: "The Addams Family Musical," journalist Lisa Ling, The Haifa Symphony Orchestra and a performance from Bela Fleck and Chick Corea.
A press release with the full schedule is available after the jump.
UCA PUBLIC APPEARANCES ANNOUNCES 2013-14 SEASON
CONWAY — The comedian Bill Cosby will highlight the 16 events scheduled for the 2013-14 UCA Public Appearances season at the University of Central Arkansas.
An Evening with Bill Cosby: “50 Years of Making You Laugh, Smile, and Feel Good” will kick off the Night Out Series on Sept. 26. The season will also include Broadway and Pops series (featuring the return of the popular Straight No Chaser), two Distinguished Lectures and a family matinee.
“I can't believe that, after 25 years in the business, I have finally managed to book Bill Cosby, and now I am retiring and won't be hanging out backstage with him,” said Jerry Biebesheimer, who will retire as director of UCA Public Appearances in May. “But I will be in the audience.”
All performances will be in the Donald W. Reynolds Performance Hall.
The season includes:
• Cirque Dreams ROCKS, Broadway Series, Sept. 19, 7:30 p.m.;
• An Evening with Bill Cosby: “50 Years of Making You Laugh, Smile, and Feel Good”, Night Out Series, Sept. 26, 7:30 p.m.;
• Lightwire Theater presents: The Ugly Duckling and The Tortoise & The Hare, family show, Oct. 5, 10 a.m.
• Paul Taylor Dance Company, Night Out Series, Oct. 8, 7:30 p.m.;
• Grits & Glamour: Pam Tillis & Lorrie Morgan, Pops Series, Oct. 24, 7:30 p.m.;
• An Evening with Audra McDonald, Night Out Series, Nov. 2, 7:30 p.m.;
• Straight No Chaser, Pops Series, Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m.
• The Addams Family Musical, Broadway Series, Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m.;
• Lisa Ling, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Nov. 25, 7:30 p.m.
• Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Wild & Swingin’ Holiday, Pops Series, Dec. 9, 7:30 p.m.
• Broadway on Ice, Broadway Series, Jan. 21, 7:30 p.m.;
• Winner of the 2013 Van Cliburn Piano Competition with the Conway Symphony Orchestra, Night Out Series, Feb. 8, 7:30 p.m.;
• Neil deGrasse Tyson, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Feb. 17, 7:30 p.m.
• From Haifa Israel, The Haifa Symphony Orchestra, Night Out Series, March 3, 7:30 p.m.;
• Sweet Charity, Broadway Series, March 20, 7:30 p.m.;
• An Evening with Béla Fleck & Chick Corea, Pops Series, April 22, 7:30 p.m.
"The 2013-14 season will be by far our biggest season to date,” said Ashley Love, director of finance and marketing for UCA Public Appearances.
Subscription renewals for current season ticket holders will begin May 8. Subscriptions will go on sale to the general public July 8. Single tickets will go on sale to the general public Aug. 12. Patrons who have purchased a series subscription may purchase individual tickets during subscriber courtesy week Aug. 5-9.
This year patrons may once again subscribe to their choice of the Night Out Series, Broadway Series or Pops Series. They may also subscribe to the Performing Arts Package, which combines all 13 events in the Night Out, Broadway and Pops series. A new Pick-6 option allows anyone who donates at the Star Player level ($100+) and above to create their own six-event season ticket, picking any six events from the Broadway, Pops and Night Out series.
To purchase a subscription package, call (501) 450-3265 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, beginning July 9. Individual tickets may be purchased online at www.uca.edu/reynolds or by calling (501) 450-3265 beginning Aug. 13.
For more information, contact Love at (501) 852-7889; firstname.lastname@example.org or Ryan Warren at (501) 450-3680 or visit www.uca.edu/reynolds. Details about all the upcoming performances as well as information about Reynolds Performance Hall may be found there.