OK folks, the mercury is dropping and it's tolerable to be outside, the pigskins are flying and school is solidly back in session, all of which can mean only one thing: it's almost time for the Arkansas State Fair, which is Oct. 14-23.
So when you've finished stuffing yourself with fried everything and you've spent a fortune to win your sweetheart a neon orange stuffed gorilla and you're finally tired of the Tilt-a-Whirl, how 'bout checking out some live music. All of these shows are free with regular paid admission.
Here are some of the highlights:
* Friday, Oct. 14, long about 8:15 p.m., Kenny Wayne Shepherd plugs in and channels SRV the way only he can do.
* Sunday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m., you will be literally overwhelmed by Southern rock, when Confederate Railroad opens up for The Marshall Tucker Band.
* Wednesday, Oct. 19, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Monsters of Classic Rock will melt your mullet off.
* Thursday, Oct. 20, at 8:15 p.m. prepare yourself for country music legend and Grammy winner Travis Tritt.
* Friday, Oct. 21, at 7 p.m., there will be an eruption of classic rock, as Foghat and Jefferson Starship take flight.