National Party at Your Local Record Store and Completely Blow Your Paycheck From Yesterday and Spend All Sunday With Near-Crippling Buyers Remorse Before and Defaulting on Your Student Loan/Home/Car Payments and Eating Ramen and Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches for the Next Two Weeks and Be Happy About it All Anyway Day is returning tomorrow!
For music people—vinyl heads especially—the annual Record Store Day is a holiday, if not a outright declaration of solidarity with area beatnuts, musos, backpackers and dustbunnies alike. The nationwide event is a huge source for limited edition and exclusive records printed specifically (and in tiny numbers) for Record Store Day customers. Count on your humble Rock Candy music blogger to definitely be on the move...frugally.
Expect live music, deals, food and more at participating record stores across the state.
Details on Record Store Day happenings after the jump.
Arkansas CD & Record Exchange
4212 MacArthur Drive
- Live music from The Bluegrass Bombers and Ol' Puddinhead around noon.
- Also, a live DJ providing music, spun exclusively on 45s.
- Last Chance Records giving away vinyl and CDs every hour in drawings
- Big anticipated release: Big Star - "Third" vinyl re-issue.
17 N. Block Ave., Fayetteville
- Live music from The Banks of Trent Creek starting bright and early at 9 a.m.
- Free drinks, coffee and breakfast from Little Bread Co.
- Virginia Ave. performs at 11 a.m.
- Big anticipated release: Grateful Dead's self-titled debut, re-issued in the original mono mix.
4505 W. Walnut St. #5, Rogers
- Buy two, get one free deals on used LPs and CDs.
- Big anticipated release: That sweet "Tron: Legacy" - "Tranlucence" 10' by Daft Punk that looks like a Tron disc.
Been Around Records & CD
1216 S. University Ave.
-"Well, we'll be open. Might buy a case of beer or something. Hell, everyday's record day as far as I'm concerned."
- So yeah, Been Around is going to be sweet as always.