In case you need any extra help getting fired up, we’ll be providing a handy pre-game cheat sheet detailing why you should hate each one of the Razorbacks’ opponents this fall. Some weeks will be easier than others…
1. It's Where Pat Boone, Don Henley and Dr. Phil Went to School. In the interest of full disclosure, some pretty cool people graduated from there as well, but, hey, you trying finding five reasons to hate a Sun Belt football team.
2. They're Not ASU. If we're going to play a Sun Belt team (and, to be exact, we play three this year), it should be the one that would actually interest the fans.
3. They Could Stick Around Awhile. The Mean Green lead the Sun Belt Conference in passing, averaging 378 yards a game through the air, and employ a four wide-receiver set. Combine that with the Hogs' porous pass defense, and maybe this game won't be the rout many are expecting and hoping for.
4. They Go Bowling in New Orleans. In 2001, they got to go to a bowl game (the New Orleans Bowl) despite posting a losing record in the regular season. Under the bright lights of the Louisiana Superdome, the Mean Green proceeded to get pounded 45-20 by Colorado State. Good thing North Texas wasn't matched up against the Hogs in a bowl game; the Mean Green surely would have won.
5. They're From Texas. Any questions?(get more from the expats at www.razorbackexpats.com)