A quick rundown of the numbers:
* Five losses in the last six games.
* Four straight conference losses - each of them extremely brutal in their own uniquely bad way.
* Three Kentucky touchdowns in the last eight minutes.
* Two pretty decent fourth quarter leads blown in a row.
* One Heisman candidacy pretty much over before it began (not D-Mac's fault, but still...)
All those numbers add up to one incoming athletic director on the very hot seat about the future of the football program. And, it feels like time to reset our expectations for the rest of the season. The new reality seems to be that:
1) Even with the best player in college football, the Hogs simply aren't that good. Sad, but true.2) With a lot of tough games remaining, the rest of the season could get very ugly very quickly.
(more at www.razorbackexpats.com)