NO DRINKS TONIGHT: The ABC has suspended the permit of the Power Bar and Ultra Lounge, its exterior shown today.
The state Alcoholic Beverage Control Division
issued a formal release this afternoon about the suspension of the permit for the bar where Friday's night's mass shooting occurred.
The mixed drink permit, issued in the name of Lulav Power Bar and Lounge, was immediately suspended as is customary, according to former agents with whom I"ve spoken, when shootings occur inside permitted establishments.
of Little Rock holds the permit and is listed as the owner on state records. Efforts to reach him today have been unsuccessful. His mother, who answered a home phone, said he wasn't taking calls. The ABC set a hearing July 10 at which Lewis can contest the suspension.
A release quoted Mary Robin Casteel, director of ABC: “We feel the events which are alleged to have occurred warrant our decision to suspend liquor sales at this location pending further action by the board.” She cited three potential violations: failure to be a
good neighbor; allowing possession of weapons on premises, and disorderly conduct.
She said continuing investigation could result in other violations. Police have indicated the presence of someone too young to be in the club and questions have been raised about whether service continued past a 2 a.m. closing time.
Lewis' Facebook page
identifies himself as an entrepreneur with several businesses including the Power Lounge and says he's a graduate of Hall High School.
KARK's Mitch McCoy said the club had been cited seven times since 2012 for infractions of ABC rules, including for underage drinking.