Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
has compiled a list of 10 reasons why the pending Senate health legislation
is bad for Arkansas.
Here's the full list.
I'll boil it down.
* Tens of thousands will lose health coverage.
* The bill will devastate Medicaid (meaning kids, seniors, the disabled.)
* The state budget would be slammed with a loss of
illion $3 BILLION over 10 years.
* The Medicaid cut ends the Arkansas Works/Private Option/Obamacare Medicaid Expansion. Thousands lose coverage.
* Insurance premiums and deductible expenses will rise.
* The existence of rural hospitals and other health providers will be jeopardized from loss of support.
* The bill ends guaranteed coverage of basic services.
* It's a massive transfer of wealth to rich people — some 400 people will get tax cuts equal to the entire Medicaid budget of Arkansas and three other states.
* More profits for insurance companies, less coverage for people.
* The bill provides no means to limit rising health costs.
Sounds terrible. Unless you happen to be one of the six Republicans Arkansas has sent to Congress..