HARD TRUTHS: Sally Yates laid some on a congressional committee today.
In another universe, the Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing today would amount to a bombshell. From testimony:
* President Obama warned Donald Trump against hiring Michael Flynn
for his security team.
* Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates
alerted the White House this year that Flynn could be "essentially blackmailed by the Russians."
* Yates told White House Counsel Donald McGah
n on January 26 that she had information that statements by Vice President Mike Pence, based on his conversations with Flynn, were false.
* Yates said McGahn asked her, "Why does it matter to DOJ if one White House official lies to another White House official?"
* Yates said the Trump travel ban from certain Muslim countries wasn't lawful.
* "James Clapper: Some news outlets unwittingly amplified Russian propaganda during the 2016 election"
That's the news. So far.
But ..... Hillary's e-mail.