Fire crews dispatched to Central High, principal reports smoke but no fire after equipment malfunction | Arkansas Blog

Fire crews dispatched to Central High, principal reports smoke but no fire after equipment malfunction

by

1 comment
central_high.jpg

Little Rock Fire Department
fire crews responded to Central High School this afternoon after reports of smoke related to a ventilation equipment malfunction.

Little Rock School District spokesperson Pamela Smith, who talked to Central High Principal Nancy Rousseau around 4:45 today, said the principal reports that an air handler, part of the school's heating and air conditioning system, locked up, causing a belt on the unit to heat up and smoke. Rousseau tells Smith there were no flames, and students were never in danger. The air handler is being repaired.

We've got a call in to the Little Rock Fire Department to see if they have any more information about the incident, but it's looking like all clear.


From the ArkTimes store

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

 

Add a comment

Clicky