Food or drink available at a planned activity to which a specific governmental body is invited;
The Society has been asked to pass along this information/update …
Please find the most recent update to our guidelines. We have included information that we hope will assist interested parties in hosting events for the House of Representatives.
Please also be advised that a request to host an event for a House Committee must be routed through the Chair of that committee . The Bureau of Legislative Research committee staff will be involved in coordinating those events not House staff. The committee events will not be listed on the House Events Calendar.
Please send this update to your membership and advise them to feel free to contact me with their questions and suggestions. This is a work in progress.
Chief Information Officer
Arkansas House of Representatives
Guidelines for House Events Calendar Requests
The Arkansas House of Representatives is striving to accommodate the needs of Arkansas’s citizens to meet with their legislators during the 90th General Assembly while following the guidelines set forth by Amendment 94. For this reason we have issued the following guidelines for event requests:
1. Requests for the House Events Calendar must be requests to invite the entire legislature or the entire House of Representatives.
2. Requests to meet with specific committees of the House of Representatives must be approved by the committee chairperson. Committee event arrangements and invitations should be coordinated with the appropriate committee staff.
3. Committee events will not be placed on the House Events Calendar.
4. Requests for events to be placed on the House Events Calendar must be made by email. For the House Events Calendar, please send request to email@example.com and, for the Senate Events Calendar, emails should be sent to Sabrina.firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. The party requesting an event is responsible for contacting both the House and Senate personnel responsible for their respective calendars.
6. Requests for changes on the calendar should also be made by email.
7. Requests pertaining to the House Events Calendar should be made at least two business days prior to the event.
8. Please include the following information in the email: host of the event, the date, the time, the location of the proposed event, a contact person, and their contact information.
9. Requests need to briefly describe the event. (e.g.: breakfast, lunch, reception, dinner, etc.)
10. No requests will be accepted for Thursday night events.
11. So that each legislator can make an informed decision about attending each event and so that each legislator may have the opportunity to prepare for each event, please identify the event host rather than the lobbyist or lobbying firm in the request.
12. Any and all invitations to events distributed in the House Chamber must be listed on the House Events Calendar.
13. Arrangements for distribution of invitations should be made through Chief Clerk Sherri Stacks. She may be contacted by telephone at 501-682-7771 or by email: email@example.com .
* If you have questions or need more information, please feel free to contact Roy Ragland at 501-682-7771.
Sabrina Lewellen is the contact for information pertaining to State Senate events. The Senate’s phone number is 501-682-6107.