Teen who spurred lockdown at Hall High charged as adult in Nov. robbery, shooting | Arkansas Blog

Teen who spurred lockdown at Hall High charged as adult in Nov. robbery, shooting

by

5 comments
Demontae Berry - PCSO
  • PCSO
  • Demontae Berry
The Little Rock Police Department announced today that 16-year-old Demontae Berry is being charged as an adult in a November 2013 robbery and shooting at a fish restaurant on Fair Park Blvd. The LRPD also identified Berry as the suspect  who ran from police during an arrest attempt at Hall High School on Tuesday, triggering a manhunt in the neighborhood and a lock down at Hall High  and Forest Heights Middle School.

Berry is charged with aggravated robbery and theft of property in the November case. A police report issued at the time says that on Nov. 25, 2013, a 22-year-old man called 911, saying that he had been robbed and shot by an unknown assailant. The man told police that he was in his car at Sharks Restaurant, 3323 Fair Park Boulevard. When police arrived, they found the man locked inside his car in the parking lot, passed out from blood loss. After breaking the windows to reach him, the victim was rushed to UAMS and underwent surgery for his wounds. 

Berry has also been charged with third degree escape for the incident at Hall High, during which police say a handcuffed Berry slipped his cuffs from the back to the front, then jumped down a stairwell before running out of the school and into a nearby neighborhood.


From the ArkTimes store

Comments (5)

Showing 1-5 of 5

Add a comment
 

Add a comment

Clicky