NEW UNION: Coming soon to Ark. Baptist.
This will put some people to work, revitalize a neighborhood and provide a shinier lure to college students.
Arkansas Baptist College announced this morning that it would spend $18 million on campus and neighborhood work. First Security Bank will provide the financing through a federal tax credit program.
Highlights of the work:
* A new general education building
* Expansion of the cafeteria from 77 seats to 322 seats
* A new 190-bed residence hall
* Purchase of additional properties surrounding the campus to prepare for future growth
* Through separate funding, a community union (pictured above) that will include a coffee shop and lounge-study area, food court, office space, conference room and loft apartment living for students.