by Max Brantley
It's all around you, but a further plug for this week's Arkansas Times:
* Bob Lancaster does his annual review of the high and low (mostly low) lights of 2009.
* Leslie Peacock looks at the hard path a new charter school operator faces in Little Rock.
* Looking for a party? Lindsey Millar rounds up the vital details for New Year's Eve celebrations.
* How about a round of applause for LR garbage crews? These hourly workers give to the poor while the city screws them so it doesn't have to cut taxpayer subsidies to the Chamber of Commerce.
* Richard Nixon lives. Ernest Dumas points out the similarities between current health legislation and Tricky's failed effort at universal care back in the day.