The U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce has released a districty-by-district analysis of the impact of the Affordable Health Care for America Act (or H.R. 3962). The results are incredibly interesting to look at. Take Rep. Mike Ross' 4th Congressional District. According to the assessment, the house health care reform bill would:
- Improve employer-based coverage for 307,000 residents.
- Provide credits to help pay for coverage for up to 196,000 households.
- Improve Medicare for 130,000 beneficiaries, including closing the prescription drug donut hole for 10,800 seniors.
- Allow 14,000 small businesses to obtain affordable health care coverage and provide tax credits to help reduce health insurance costs for up to 13,000 small businesses.
- Provide coverage for 90,000 uninsured residents.
- Protect up to 1,700 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs.
- Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and health care providers by $156 million.
And that's just the fourth district. You can find the same info for the districts represented by Vic Snyder, Marion Berry and John Boozman.