Interesting. The UCA faculty and staff have called for Gov. Beebe to reappoint Michael Stanton to the UCA Board. They laud Stanton for releasing to media the smoking gun memo that President Lu Hardin wrote over names of others to justify a big bonus.
Some thoughts on that:
1) Hardin's tenure had already begun unraveling by the time the memo was released on account of clandestine and extraordinary bonusing approved by Stanton and other board members, though there's no doubt the memo hastened the affair.
2) Stanton used public equipment from UCA at his home for a political fund-raiser for Republican Sen. Gilbert Baker.
3) Stanton took and enjoyed special treatment for his children on UCA housing and a wedding reception (comped bill) at the UCA student center.
4) UCA needs an entire roster of fresh leadership.
5) Beebe has worked hard for Joe White for state Senate, not Gilbert Baker.
6) Dream on, faculty.