ROD BRYAN NEWS RELEASE
Corporate Sustainability (Initiative 02)
This initiative will improve quality of life for Arkansans by increasing opportunities for corporations and small businesses to understand and adopt sustainable models of operation.
Increase number of sustainable businesses operating in state.
Emphasize sustainable design philosophy in primary and secondary education.
Define Arkansas living wage and increase opportunities for implementation.
Shorten distance of markets for Arkansas goods and services through promotion and innovation.
1. Create invitational Volunteer Sustainability Council*
2. Actively recruit sustainable business to Arkansas
3. Schedule sustainable design expert to speak at AEA and Department of Higher Education annual conferences.
4. Devote an Arkansas college to development of sustainable practices*
5. Develop Governor’s office and living quarters as a model of sustainability
6. Focus Department of Agriculture on food security for Arkansas*